I've been to Australia on several occasions. The first time was back in 1991 just after I'd left university. I took 3 months off and went backpacking. It was on the Great Barrier Reef that I first learnt to dive. I've since been back several times and written up my diving and travelling experiences there.
- 2006 Trip. I went out for Xmas in Caloundra, Qld to stay with relatives. Whilst there, I went diving on the HMAS Swan, some reefs around Mooloolaba and the Curtin Artificial Reef off of Moreton island
- 2002 Trip. This was split into two separate parts. I started in Darwin, then went down to Alice Springs, then I flew over to Cairns. I took the bus and train down the coast to Brisbane. Then I flew out to Vanuatu for 10 days. I flew back to Sydney and did a road trip to Melbourne,
- 2000/2001 Trip. In December 2000 I flew out to Sydney. I travelled up the coast of New South Wales and then onto Brisbane which took just over 4 weeks. Then from Brisbane, I flew over to Perth and down south to Dunsborough. I then went north up to Exmouth on the North-West Cape, spending about 3½ weeks in Western Australia.
- 1998 Trip. In September 1998 I spent 2 weeks in Bali and then continued onto Australia. I flew into Cairns and I spent most of my time in Queensland. I did travel south of Brisbane, just into New South Wales, to visit the town of Byron Bay.
- 1997 Trip. In September 1997, I decided to visit some of the parts of Australia that I'd missed out back in 1991. Apart from a brief trip to the Bungle Bungles, I'd not visited much of Western Australia. I planned to remedy this by flying into Perth and then travelling up the west coast to Broome in the north. Then I flew across to Cairns on the east coast and eventually flew home from Brisbane.